“I think Holy Trinity is on the verge of something really great!”
This comment came up in a conversation I had last week with a few of the Holy Trinity staff – and I totally agree! I am very excited about all that is being planned for the upcoming months at Holy Trinity and I would like to thank everyone for their work – Pastor, the staff, the council, committee members, the congregation and most importantly, thanks to God!
I challenge each of you to get involved – try something new; invite your friends and neighbors; help with planning and implementation; suggest new ideas. God has gifted each one of us differently – it is essential that all members of the congregation bring their gifts to the table to completely fulfill Holy Trinity’s ministry. Our congregation is abundantly blessed by God!
Here is a glimpse of things that are in store for the coming months at Holy Trinity – these are in addition to the Men’s and Women’s Bible studies, Confirmation, Kids Jam, Choirs and other activities that are well established.
- Homecoming, September 9 – The first Sunday after Labor Day has traditionally been a time when we start the new church year and rally to get everyone involved. It is also the day the Synod celebrates God’s Work, Our Hands. Our focus this year will be Homecoming – a time for all of us to reconnect, renew our faith and serve others.
- Life of Faith Initiative, September 9 through October 21 – This initiative, implemented as part of our worship service, will help us shift our focus from what we do as the church gathered to what we do as the church scattered. We will begin by reflecting on the fourth petition of the Lord’s Prayer – “give us today our daily bread” – and what that means for us in our everyday lives. The following Sundays will examine the Ten Commandments and how we can take God’s Work, Our Hands beyond a Day of Service into living a Life of Faith.
- Fellowship of Faith, starting September 16 after worship – EVERYONE (young, old, and everyone in between) is encouraged to come for coffee, juice, snacks and fellowship after worship every Sunday. See Dale’s Dabbles for more details.
- Bible Study on Affirmation of Baptism, starting September 16, after Fellowship of Faith– See Dale’s Dabbles for more details.
- Women’s Tea, September 8, 11 am-1 pm – The women of Holy Trinity will gather for fellowship and to make plans for the upcoming year. I hear there is talk about wanting to do more bible study! This would be a great opportunity to invite a friend to church with you.
- Blessing of the Pets, October 6, 11 am-1 pm – A day for the community to bring their pets for a special blessing.
- Trunk or Treat, October 27, 1-3 pm – A day of fun and trick-or-treating for children from Holy Trinity, United Faith, Tiny Tots, Randolph and the surrounding neighborhood.
Yours in Christ, Debbie